Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Letter to A Grosskurth, Dept. of Health

All Party Political Group on Involuntary Tranquilliser Addiction


21 October 2009


Dear Ms. Grosskurth,


I understand that you are conducting a Department of Health policy review on addiction to prescription drugs. A large part of this problem is Involuntary tranquilliser addiction. I am chair of the APPG on Involuntary Tranquiliser Addiction, which was set up specifically to deal with this problem. We are campaigning, amongst other things ,for specialized tranquilliser withdrawal clinics and services designed to give involuntary tranquilliser addicts the opportunity to become drug free.


I would be very grateful if you would meet with me to discuss this issue. My diary secretary will be able to offer you some dates so that we can arrange a mutually convenient appointment. The telephone number is 0207 219 4530. I look forward to hearing from you.


Yours sincerely

Jim Dobbin MP

No comments: